Sinaia is one of the most famous and oldest mountain tourist resorts in Romania, known as “The Carpathian Pearl”. Situated in a breath-taking mountain scenery, Sinaia is located at 120 km distance from Bucharest, on the Prahova Valley. Blending astonishing beauty of nature with picturesque architecture, Sinaia is a formal royal residence and bears a holy name, that of Mount Sinai. The 21st International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing will be hosted by the Palace Hotel, located close to the centre of the resort. This stylish hotel is a great choice for pretentious tourists, for conferences and meetings. Popular nearby tourist attractions are Sinaia Monastery and Peles Castle (one of the best-preserved royal palaces in Europe, which served as the summer residence of the first king of Romania, Carol I).
The conference hotel (Palace Hotel 4*) offers the following reduced rates for the conference participants:
- Single room: 48 EUR/night
- Double room: 54 EUR/night
- Studio: 87 EUR/night
The Caraiman Hotel (3*), which is located right across a beautiful park from the conference hotel, offers the following reduced rates for the conference participants:
- Single room: 35 EUR/night
- Double room: 44 EUR/night
- Studio: 65 EUR/night
All prices include taxes & breakfast.
The participants should make reservations for the above hotels by directly contacting the hotel administration via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to obtain the mentioned reduced rates, the participants should mention that they are ICSTCC 2019 attendants. Rates are available till 08.09.2019.
We do not ask for credit card numbers or other personal information by e-mail.
For other choices of hotel reservations please consult this link.
The nearest major airport is the Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport (also known as Otopeni – OTP / LROP). Reaching Sinaia from the Bucharest airport:
- Take the bus 780 – an express connection between Henri Coanda Airport and North Railway Station in Bucharest (“Gara de Nord”). Tickets should be bought before boarding the bus, from the designated vending machine or from the ticket booth. The bus leaves every 30-40 min. and the journey takes about 45-50 min. (except rush hour).
For a shuttle bus and train connection to the North Railway Station in Bucharest please see this link.
Alternatively, you can take a taxi to North Railway Station, but please be careful to take an official one (those waiting in line at the Arrival Terminal, not drivers trying to pick you up inside the airport).
- Take a train to Sinaia. Trains leave almost every hour from 7 am to 10 pm and the journey takes about 1h30min. You can find the timetables here (departure station, in Romanian “Plecare”: Bucuresti Nord, arrival station, in Romanian “Destinatie”: Sinaia) (please check the duration of the trip and avoid regional trains “R” which take 2h40min).
- The train station in Sinaia is within walking distance (5 minutes) to Palace and Caraiman hotels.
For other travelling options (by train or car) we recommend using the Google directions to Palace hotel.
If travelling by car from outside Romania, please make sure to buy a vignette before entering Romania – see details here.